Skip to Main Content


Here is a list of commonly asked questions and brief answers for each.

Q. Does Creek County have any rules or regulations?

A. Yes. Creek County regulates the use of land through the Creek County Zoning Regulations, and the division of land through the Creek County Subdivision Regulations. These regulations provide a means by which the County can be developed and maintained in an orderly, safe, and beneficial manner for the good of all citizens of Creek County. These regulations also help to protect and maintain property values, and afford the citizens of Creek County an assurance that the use and enjoyment of their properties are adequately secured.

Q. What is "Zoning?"

A. "Zoning" refers to a common method of land use regulation. Land uses are authorized in specific "zones," or Zoning Districts, and these Zoning Districts are designed to provide for the protection of land uses within them, by the separation of incompatible land uses. For example, heavy industrial land uses and residential land uses should be kept at a reasonable distance from each other, to ensure that the sound, dust, artificial lighting, truck traffic, etc. commonly generated by such industrial uses does not impair the use and enjoyment of the residences for residential purposes. Such industrial uses are designed to be located in industrial Zoning Districts, and residential uses are designed to be located in residential Zoning Districts.

Q. What is my property zoned?

A. You can view a Zoning Map of every section here.


*Note: Select the Zoning Map by Section, Township, and Range in that order.*


Q. What is a "Lot-Split?"

A. A "Lot-Split" is a form of land division. When any property would be divided such that any part of the original tract would contain less than 10 acres, the Creek County Subdivision Regulations requires CCPC approval. A Lot-Split is the most simple form land division, and can result in the creation of two (2) tracts from the original tract. A land division causing the creation of three (3) or more tracts requires the approval of a Minor Subdivision Plat or a Major Subdivision Plat.

Q. May I build or move on a second dwelling on my property?

A. In general, the Creek County Zoning Regulations restricts tracts of land to one (1) dwelling each. When a property owner wishes to add a second dwelling to their land, the most common way to accommodate this is to request a Lot-Split, to create two (2) tracts for two (2) dwellings. A Lot-Split commonly necessitates a rezoning or a Special Exception. To see if your land qualifies for a Lot-Split, and if any additional zoning approval would be required, please contact us by email or by telephone (918) 227-6369.

Q. The Zoning Map shows my property to be in an A-1 Agricultural District. Are there any restrictions on mobile homes or manufactured homes?

A. In the Agricultural Zoning District, mobile and manufactured homes are permitted "by right," meaning no special zoning approval is required, on tracts of land containing 2.5 acres or more, limited to one (1) per tract.

Q. Do I need a building permit?

A. At the present time, Creek County is not issuing building permits or doing inspections for areas in unincorporated Creek County.

Q. What does it mean if my property is in a "floodplain?"

A. In accordance with the requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), Creek County regulates all development within the 100-year (1 % chance) regulatory floodplain. "Development" means any man-made change in improved and unimproved real estate, including but not limited to buildings or other structures, mining, dredging, filling, grading, paving, excavation or drilling operations or storage of equipment or materials. All such development within the unincorporated areas of Creek County must receive a Floodplain Development Permit.

Q. I have a question that is not listed above. How do I ask my question?

A. Please contact us by email or by telephone at (918) 227-6369.